Please take your time and fill in the application completely. Partial applications can not be approved. Once your application is complete hit the "submit" button. You should see a "Thanks for your submission" message. If not, please try again. If you do not hear from us within 48-72 hours then contact us
to confirm if we received your application."10 Commandments of Dog Ownership"
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful. Remember that before you adopt me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. Don’t be impatient, short-tempered, or irritable.
3. Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back. Respect is earned, not given as an inalienable right.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment; I am not capable of understanding why. I only know I
have been rejected. You have your work, entertainment, and friends, but I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice and your tone. You only have to look
at my tail.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I’ll never forget it, and if it’s cruel, it may affect me forever.
7. Please don’t hit me. I can’t hit back, but I can bite and scratch, and I really don’t ever want to do that.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps
I’m not getting the right foods or I’ve been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak. It may be I am just
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old and may also need love, care, comfort, and attention.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, ‘I can’t bear to watch’ or ‘Let it happen in my absence.’ Everything is easier for me
if you are there. Remember, regardless of what you do, I will always love you.”